Wednesday, June 13, 2012


Big Sky Country

Flying geese sculpture in North Dakota
Vermont, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio (my mother's birth place), Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin (my father's birthplace), Minnesota, North Dakota and now Montana.  It's hard to get quality photos while whizzing by, but I thought I'd post of few regardless.
Although we have traveled Interstate 94 before, I was surprised by the signs for Theodore Roosevelt National Park.  I had never noticed them before.

A true sign of the West for us is the sighting of our first antelope.  This occurred in North Dakota, but was followed by herds in Montana.  The ranches are huge, but my eye is always drawn to the old homesteads along the road.  We left 94 for the peace of RT 200 through ranch land and on to Lewiston where snow greeted us in the Judith Mountains.




Old home on the range
Sunrise rainbow


Long
Longer

Longest 

On to Edmonton, and hopefully a nice shower!