Saturday, June 26, 2010

On to Talkeetna


As we headed out of Haines to Haines Jct. we found snow close enough to the road for Fisher to have a frolic. She immediately began to "otter" sliding her body along, dragging me with her. The glasses which I was so fortunate to find at home before we left, were lost again with her antics. By the time I realized that they were no longer in my pocket, here was no turning back to retrieve them. Bucky has some pretty hilarious video of me duckfooting up the steep snowfield followed by me being pulled off my feet by my surefooted K9. It also shows Fisher's fur streaked with crimson. At first I thought she had cut herself, but then realized that it was glacial dust. Why red I'm not quite sure. After getting on the highway we stayed at the incredibly beautiful gravel pull-out that you see above. We now have stayed there three times looking out at the Kluane Mountains.

No comments: