Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Four Days and Counting


I keep asking Fisher if she's ready to make the long trip. I interpret her blah, bla, blah, blah, blah as "Yes, I'm sooooo ready. When are we leaving?" Carlisle still can't believe that her dog is traveling to Alaska to see her. Who knows, maybe we'll get her close enough to see Siberia ! It looks like we're on schedule to leave Saturday June 12th. The house is about ready for our renters who move in on the 22nd and Bucky has work settled in the capable hands of his brother. I have a huge pile of things waiting to be put into the RV and although I know that less is more, I still find it difficult not to include another set of toe nail clippers, food storage container or the like. It's not as if we will never see a Walmart parking lot during the next 5,000 miles. I'm intentionally forgetting some really important items just to be have an excuse to shop. Packed in the storage unit of the RV is the new Hobitat 4, which is sure to see some use in Nome as well as along the Dalton Highway and in Mc Carthy.
Bucky and I are both chomping at the bit to get moving down the highway.

No comments: