Thursday, July 7, 2016

Colors

I seldom travel without my camera on my lap.  I have yet to master smart phone photography, although I'm sure it's the quickest way to put out a post of this type, with no internet needed.  Maybe someday soon, I'll be able to type fast enough to do this by phone.  I'm sure Bucky wonders, at times, why I pick up my camera.  What am I seeing of interest that he doesn't?  No, it's not a moose sneaking from the trees or a deer on the fence line, his eyes are quick to pick these images out, but instead, I see a myriad of objects and scenery that excites me, while passing by all too quickly.  I'm particularly attracted to old structures, signs and oddities of all types. Although Bucky is quick to stop for a wildlife shot and occasionally for an amazing panorama, he'd be hitting the brakes constantly for the clicks of my camera.  He is, however, very considerate when he sees me lift my camera to shoot through the driver's side window, pulling his head and chest back, providing me with the best shot available while continuing to drive in a most awkward way.  As our windshield becomes splattered with bugs, finding clean glass is impossible.  Shooting through my passenger window involves framing my shot between our large RV side mirror and the antennae.  I present you with this information, not to make excuses for these somewhat blurry photos, but hoping instead that you will enjoy the colors as I saw them.  The varied shades of grey in the clouds, blue sky meeting the yellow canola fields, green hay mixing with yellow, resulting in pea green, the cool blue water and brown marsh grass, all captured from a road of black asphalt.   


I have no idea what this blue flower is, but it was magnificent beside the yellow canola.
This old barn sat at the very back of the field, dwarfed by the size of the field.


As this small yellow car traveled through the field, it looked like an escaped canola blossom.

I'm a sucker for trains and think the blur, a result of both of us moving, made for an interesting shot.